When you purchase a car, you assume that your vehicle has been rigorously inspected before making its way to the dealership. Unfortunately, there are have been many cases where auto defects have resulted in injuries, deaths, and recalls.
In 2016, a record-high 53.2 million vehicles were recalled in the United States. Furthermore, one in four vehicles currently on the road has an open recall.
The following are the current recalls affecting various types of car models:
- Honda and Acura – Defective Takata airbags
- Honda Accord – Model years 2008 to 2012
- Honda Civic – Model years 2006 to 2011
- Honda Fit – Model years 2007 to 2012
- Honda Insight – Model years 2010 to 2012
- Acura MDX – Model years 2005 to 2006
- Acura RL – Model years 2005 to 2012
- BMW – Defective Takata airbags
- 2017 BMW X5
- 2017 sDrive35i
- 2017 xDrive35i
- 2017 xDrive5Oi
- 2017 xDrive35d
- 2017 xDrive40e luxury SUVs
- Toyota and Lexus – Defective Takata airbags
- Toyota Corolla – Model years 2003 to 2004
- Toyota Matrix – Model years to 2003 to 2004
- Toyota Sequoia – 2002 to 2004
- Lexus SC 430 – Model years 2002 to 2004
- Nissan recalls – Defective power steering hose clamps
- Nissan Murano – Model years 2013 to 2014
If your vehicle is missing from the list, but is causing you some concern, check your vehicle identification number at www.safercar.gov.
If you have been injured due to a defective product in Missouri, request a free consultation with our Kansas City product liability attorneys at Bertram & Graf, L.L.C. today.